Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanks, Once Again

Thanks are always worth repeating, so today's post is a rerun of 2011's Thanksgiving message. For reasons unknown, this little item has attracted a very large number of viewers from  outside the United States. Thus, it seems appropriate to again send it out into the electronic world.

                                                          * * * * * * * * * * 

A Great Day, Indeed 


Today is America’s best celebration.  Thanksgiving truly is for everyone.  It is not part of any specific religious tradition; it is for all to enjoy.  For this one day, we can cast aside worries about the future and focus only on the good things that have happened in our past.

I am thankful that I was born in a prosperous nation and have lived a long and generally pleasant life with the freedom to chart my own course. Through good and bad times, many people have supported and guided me. I appreciate all of them, especially Sandy, my beautiful wife.

I am thankful that my family does not want for food, shelter, or love.  Today we will be together. That is the best thing of all.

                                                          * * * * * * * * * *

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to you, and yours.

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

I shared this same sentiment just yesterday with a Morroccan taxi driver. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

PiedType said...

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I don't think it's asking too much to close non-essential businesses and devote one day to staying home, celebrating friends and family, and giving thanks for our many blessings.

Hope yours was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Well said, as usual!


Little Bug

Alan G said...

Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Really looking forward to the 'BIG' game this Sunday and I suspect you are too! :)

Dick Klade said...

We went about a quarter mile up the road to our son's place for some great food, family chit-chat, and a little football watching. That was much, much better than spending any time shopping.

Tom Sightings said...

Love the sentiment ... let's all give thanks.