Friday, March 01, 2013

Waking to Winter Wonders

As the latest monster storm was scheduled to pass through on the way to the East Coast, we did our share of moaning and groaning. But when we awoke  Wednesday morning to six new inches of lake effect snow, we marveled at the beauty of winter from every vantage point in our cottage home.

                  From the front door . . .


From the master bedroom . . . 


 From the rear doors . . . 


From the kitchen . . . 



Who needs spring? Well, this white stuff is OK, but green scenes would be nice for a change.


10 comments:

Jhawk 23 said...

Beautiful shots! Nothing prettier than fresh snowfall, unless maybe it's the freezing rain we get in the mid-Atlantic sometimes, which coats trees with a shimmering beauty (and unfortunately, brings them crashing down).

I have appreciated winter scenery much more since I retired, and can look out at it without having to worry about getting to work!

schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

Michigan is beautiful. Other Michigan folks I know are in FL at this time of year. No snow here in VA either. Dianne

Kay said...

Oh my! This is so gorgeous. I do love those lake effect snows that blanket everything in such pure beauty.

PiedType said...

You lucky dog. What a spectacular woodsy setting you have! I'm jealous.

Little Bug said...

A winter fairyland!

Tom said...

I love the way snow looks in December. I hate the way it looks in March.

Bob Lowry said...

Living in Syracuse for 6 years taught me all about lake effect snow. It is beautiful until the workday begins!

Dick Klade said...

Right, Bob. After admiring the effects of the half-foot of the heavy stuff for a while, I broke out the shovel. It didn't take long before I put the shovel away and called in my son with his snowblower to clear the driveway and walk.

Friko said...

I admit, it’s beautiful. But I am ready for spring over here. No more snow, please.

joared said...

Breathtaking photos! Reminds me of our first Ohio home -- set back off the road with many trees around. I especially recall the blue spruce covered in snow in the front yard -- the whole scene much as you picture here. Nature in all its glory!